Ladner Minor Baseball Volunteer Policy
Parents are vital to the success of LMBA. Each LMBA family from 7U Super T to 15U Bantam Divisions are asked to volunteer a minimum of 6 hours of parent participation service per year. Please note that families with more than one child playing in the LMBA only require a total of 6 hours of parent participation
At the end of the season, a Parent Participation fee of $100 will be invoiced and must be paid if the 6 hours have not been completed. Future LMBA registrations will be restricted until the fee is paid in full or hours have been completed.
How do I know when volunteer opportunities are available?
It is the responsibility of each family to find volunteer opportunities to fulfill their Parent Participation time. Parents can find out about volunteer opportunities by:
• Searching LMBA web page – Volunteers section;
• Contacting an event coordinator
• Watching for postings at concessions
• Connecting with team or division manager
• Following LMBA Social Media pages
What Activities Count Towards Volunteer Hours?
The following are potential opportunities to complete volunteer hours:
• Team positions
o 1 Head coach per team
o 2 Assistant coaches per team
o 7U & 9U ONLY 3rd Assistant coach to run the pitching machine
o 1 team manager
• Photo day
• Game Day Field Prep as well as installing fences prior to the start of the season and takedown at the end of the season
• Concession volunteer – these opportunities can be limited based on concession worker availability
• LMBA Dance or Social
• Game Days(pitch count=1.5 hrs, score keeper=1.5 hrs, field prep+clean-up=1 hr)
• Opening day
• Volunteer Appreciation Day
• Closing Day/Fun Day
Ensure that your team manager records any hours that you volunteer and your name is clearly recorded with your child’s name, division, and team.
TEAM MANAGERS will submit the Team Volunteer Hours Summary to the registrar firstname.lastname@example.org at the end of the baseball season. Families that complete the 6 hours of parent participation volunteer time will not be invoiced the $100 at the end of the spring or summer baseball season.