Parent/Player Code of Conduct
2016 LADNER BASEBALL PARENT/PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
Each parent/guardian agrees that he/she will advise the player of this code of conduct and acknowledge compliance with this Code as mandatory for each of the parents/guardians and player.
By registering your child as a player in the Ladner Baseball Association, you are deemed to have agreed to this Code and your obligations hereunder.
You further acknowledge and agree that failure to comply with this Code could result in the non-compliant person being immediately ejected from the game or from the ball park and being subject to other disciplinary actions.
You agree that you and (where applicable) your child shall,
• Support all players with positive encouragement.
• Respect and adhere to the ideals, policies, and rules in effect from time to time as determined by any of:
B C Baseball,
• At all times use both common courtesy and respect while on the field or in the stands.
• Abide by the harassment policy of the sport.
• Maintain self-control. You acknowledge that no loud or abusive language or any perceived threats to coaches, umpires, players, executives of LMBA or spectators will be tolerated.
• Consistently display high personal standards and project a favorable image of the sport. Specifically, parents/guardians and players shall:
Refrain from public and social media criticism of fellow parents, athletes, coaches, officials or executives of LMBA.
Never advocate or condone the use of drugs or other banned performance enhancing substances, and actively discourage their use.
Abstain from drinking alcoholic beverages or consuming an illegal substance or tobacco products (including e-cigarettes) when performing volunteer duties or at while in the baseball field and spectator area.
Refrain from the use of profane, insulting, harassing or otherwise offensive language.
• Parents/guardians shall encourage their child to attend as many games and practices as reasonably possible in a timely manner and shall notify the coach/manager ahead of absences.
• Respect the facilities, municipal rules and regulations and other user groups, at all games (home or away), practices and LMBA functions.
• Show respect for the decision, judgment and authority of the umpires and scorekeepers.
• Exhibit a high degree of sportsmanship, teamwork and positive attitude.
• Gain an understanding of the Ladner Minor Baseball Association’s 24-hour rule to deal with team complaints and adhere to it.
• Refrain from expressing any negative opinion of players, coaches, officials or team volunteers in front of players.
• Treat members of other sport organizations with respect, both in victory and defeat.
• Actively encourage all participants to uphold the rules of the game and the spirit of such rules.
• Refrain from approaching the bench during game situation unless summoned by team official.
• Accept defeat gracefully…love the game above the prize.
• Parents/guardians shall attend to volunteer duties, as directed, in a professional, courteous and timely manner.
• Follow the fair play code.
By registering the player I acknowledge and agree that I have read and understand this Code of Conduct and agree to abide by the both the letter of the Code and the principles contained therein.
Breach of this Code of Conduct will be subject to review by the Ladner Baseball Association Disciplinary Policy & Procedures which can be found on our website. http://ladnerminorbaseball.ladnerminorbaseball.com/organizations/1966/documents under our Constitution.
Particular reference is made in Section 4 at (a)(vii), (f)(v),(g)(viii) and Section 5©.